South Elgin Fire District is located in Kane and parts of DuPage Counties, approximately 44 miles northwest of downtown Chicago.
Our District encompasses 24 square miles and serves an estimated population of 26,000. The District provides service to the residents of
South Elgin and also parts of Elgin, Bartlett, Pingree Grove, Campton Hills, and unincorporated St. Charles.
South Elgin Fire District currently operates out of three fire stations located uniformly within the District to help us serve our residents better!
We moved into our newly built Station 21 in July of 2020. Station 21 houses the administrative offices and is located at 1090 W. Spring Street.
Station 22, built in 2002 is located west of Randall Road at 2055 McDonald Road. The District’s Fire Prevention Bureau Office is located at Station 22.
The District was very excited to have added a third station in April of 2020. Station 23, located at 498-A South Elgin Boulevard, operates and implements a jump company; they utilize either an ambulance or fire engine as immediate need dictates.